The Society can trace its roots back to 1841 when a Chepstow Farmers Club was established, holding a ploughing match at Hayes Gate Farm, Crick as its inaugural event. The Club celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 1891 before taking on its current name in the 1920’s and starting to organise an annual Agricultural Show.
After the Second War annual Shows resumed in 1947 at the Wyelands, and apart from the odd weather cancellation they’ve been a regular feature of the local calendar since then. The Show’s been held at a number of venues over the years including Broadwell Farm, Crick and Howick Farm, Itton before returning to its current location at Chepstow Racecourse in 2013.
The Society was incorporated as a Company Limited by Guarantee in 1984 and is a Registered Charity (No.516919)